Squash57 Roadshow at PenangMarch 29, 2018
SQUASH57 SUB-COMMITTEE REPORT
From January 2018 to March 2018
- Completed the 3rd Squash57 Roadshow to state associations at Ipoh on 21st January 2018, hosted by Perak SRA.
- Started the Squash57 Roadshow for clubs with the first one at New Club Taiping on 21st January 2018, followed by Royal Sungei Ujong Club on 26th January 2018.
- On 2 – 4 March 2018, SRAP hosted their annual Penang Closed Squash57 tournament which attracted 25 men and 8 women. The Dunlop Rackets and balls as part of Roadshow were presented to SRAP.
- We have completed Squash57 roadshow to 4 state associations and 2 clubs so far.
- WSF has given the green light for One Service Rule for events organized by SRAM. However, WSF still requires us to follow the 2 service rules for events sanctioned by WSF. APMG2018 will still be using 2 service rules. The One Service Rule has been tested in the Penang Closed and will be used in the first Malaysian Closed scheduled for July 2018. To ultimately change this rule, it will have to be tabled in WSF AGM which we plan to do it once we get more support from other countries or regions.
- Resume the roadshow once the Dunlop Rackets are received in late April or May.
- Testing the Dunlop Black Double Dot balls to decide on whether to use it for the Malaysian Closed.
- Start the Planning for the first Malaysian Squash57 Closed to be held in early July and the first Royal Selangor Club Squash57 Team Invitational to be held end of July.
KK Chee, Chairman, SRAM Squash57 Sub-Committee